The challenge is to solve the multi-layered complex problems at the intersection of:
socioeconomic, environmental and political in a large scale human development settings.
Current land development paradigms in developing countries are often rife with
• Unsustainable practices resulting in land, environmental and resources degradation
• Corruption practices among employees, local officials and local peoples
• Recurring large scale conflicts between stake holders
Level Growth is orchestrating the solutions, moving the society toward Civil Sustainability, involving cooperations between local government, multinationals, local indigenous people, and several Internationals NGO. With the full support and sanction from the local government, the solution was crafted in a large area consists of several land districts, hence, an Agropolitan.
The solution is a comprehensive re imagination and design involving the whole spectrum of physical, psychological, socioeconomic, environmental, political, legal and cultural landscape.
• Mitigation of land tenure and land grab practices by large corporations.
• Re-balancing the monolithic land control from large corporations to local indigenous people through co-op group. This was the main source of conflict.
• Landscape design involving space optimization between agricultural area, agro city and residential area for local people, agro industrial area for corporations, educational, school and research area, and preservation and mitigation of conservation area.
• Honoring the indigenous sacred land by protecting, preserving and rebuilding the area. This was also the sources of major conflicts.
• Educational program for local communities, with the purpose to nurture the younger generation’s capabilities to build and guard their own communities, nurture the future leadership, promoting tolerance and religious diversity .
• Preserving and restoring the local environmental conditions by minimizing or even reducing agricultural land use, and maximizing the income for local co-op and their corporate partners through the applications of modern technology such as Molecular Breeding and State-of-the-art extraction process .
• Measuring the result and orchestrating sustainable cooperation between the stakeholders.
Recent decision by President Joko Widodo to move the capital of Indonesia to the same island is an affirmation of our solution concepts.