Facilitating compliance with standards and certification programs
Achieving certification from a respected, independent, third-party scheme assures that farm or forest products will meet market demands. In addition, implementing the changes and improvements to comply with sustainability standards makes a farm more efficient, productive and resilient. Level Growth works closely with the Rainforest Alliance, a pioneer in standard-setting and a leading certifier in agriculture, forestry and tourism, but can advise producers on any standard or buyer sourcing guidelines. Services include:
- Advising on which standard – or combination of standards – are most appropriate and useful.
- Serving as an interlocutor between the producing company and the certification group.
- Ensuring good communications with all stakeholders.
- Guiding the process of mapping and accessing farms, identifying the changes and improvements that must be made, organizing a continuous improvement program, and advising on policies, systems and procedures.
- Seizing opportunities and solving problems.
- Building alliances and making market linkages.